Lecturer : Norazah Binti Yusof
Semester : Semester I 2011/2012
- Analyse and solve problem systematically, using object oriented approach.
- Write program using C++ programming language effectively.
- Develop a medium-complex program as a group mini project, using C++ programming language.
This course equips the students with theory and practice on problem solving techniques by using two approaches, namely the structured approach and the object oriented approach. The first part of the course provides students with basic skills to program in Linux platform and advanced concepts in programming techniques including advanced files, pointers and structured data. The second part of the course is to provide students with object-oriented techniques such as class, objects, overloading, aggregation and inheritance.
This work, SCJ1023 Programming Technique II by Norazah binti Yusof is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License
- Topic 1
Topic 1Introduction to Linux and Software Development
- What is Kernel?
- What is X-Windows?
- What is Linux Shell/Console?
- How to use shell?
- Linux Basic Command
- The shell prompt
- What is a directory?
- What is a file?
- Topic 2
Topic 2Software Engineering Principles in Software development
- What is Software Engineering?
- Relationship of Software Engineering and Computer Science
- What is Problem Solving?
- What is a solution?
- The system development method
- Topic 3
Topic 3C++ Programming in Linux environment
- What is vi editor?
- What is emacs editor?
- What is GCC?
- Four stages of compilation
- Topic 4
- What is a pointer?
- What is a pointer variable?
- What is address operator in C++?
- What is dereferencing in C++?
- Accessing variables through pointer
- Relationship between Arrays and Pointers
- Array Access
- Comparing Pointers
- Pointers as Function Parameters
- Topic 5
Topic 5String and String Manipulation
- What is ASCII?
- What is a string?
- C-String as pointer-based string
- C-String library
- String library
- Topic 6
Topic 6Structured Data
- What is Abstract Data Types?
- What is data type and structure?
- Define a structure
- Accessed a structure member
- Arrays of Structures
- Nested Structures
- Pointers to Structures
- Deferencing Structure Pointers
- Dynamically Allocating a Structure
- Topic 7
Topic 7File Operations
- What is a file?
- File data types
- File Output Formatting
- Passing File Stream Objects to Functions
- What is binary file?
- Topic 8
Topic 8Introduction to Class
- What is object oriented programming?
- What is a class?
- What is a Class diagram?
- What is class access specifiers?
- What is accessor function?
- What is mutator function?
- Instance of a class
- What is inline member function?
- Pointer to an object
- Dynamically allocating an object
- What is a Destructor?
- Topic 9
Topic 9Class and object Manipulation
- What is instance members?
- What is a static members?
- What is a friend?
- What is a Memberwise Assignment?
- What is a Copy Constructors?
- What is Operator Overloading?